Sunday, April 06, 2014

Sunday Funday!

Today was not a sleep in day, for some reason I was woke up at 7:20AM and couldn't get back to sleep!! So I eventually got up and gave the kids cereal for breakfast! Then I started packing our lunched because we were going to the zoo!! The kids all got dressed while I did this and then one I was all packed I changed real quick and we headed out! We first got a car wash because my van was sooooooooooooo dirty. Then we got water at Sheetz and then I made sure all my tires were inflated correctly! Then it was off to Pittsburgh!! The weather was cool, but the sun was shining and it was beautiful!! 

The zoo was hardly busy and we had such a great time!! We saw the baby tiger. The mommy and baby rhino. Both lions were sunning themselves and all but one elephant was out in the yard. We even watched the 2 little baby ones "trunk wrestle"!!! The big giraffe was real close to the fence and was watching all the people so that was neat! Then we had out packed lunch and then headed out to see the rest of the animals! We saw all the fish in the aquarium and the penguins too, but not the polar bears, they were working on their tanks so they weren't out! We watched the sea otter play, he was tapping the glass with a rock and was swimming and turning flips/circles, it was so funny! I even got a little video of it!!! Then we went through the kid's kingdom and when we went in the snake building mommy crawled though the tunnels of the meerkats exhibit and got some really great shots of them!! CJ and I even got to take a selfie with one of them!! Hahaha!!! Then it was time to head to the van and head home! Everyone was hungry so we stopped at Target and got some Pringles and then got back on the road! We got home about 4:30PM. I made chicken soup and toasted cheese for dinner and then the boys went outside to play! I messed around in my office a bit and finally daddy got home at 7PM!!! We were all excited!!! Then it was showers and then bed at 8PM!! I went soon after because my whole body ached and I was exhausted!

No comments: