Monday, September 09, 2013

Another Monday!!

Ugh alarm went off at 6AM and it was terrible!!! Hahaha!! I packed the kids lunch while daddy made waffles for breakfast. Then we headed back to bed for a bit! The boys got up and it was go, go, go till they got on the bus!! Then C and I headed to the track for a walk. Then the library where we were just in time for Story Time. They C got to color a little and then have a cookie snack. Then we headed to Michael's to get some baggies. Came home and had lunch. Then I started making donuts for G's snack, like 4 dozen homemade apple donuts!!! They were a pain in the butt!!! Had to get L and G off the bus and then rush right out to get S from the high school! Home to make dinner, hot dogs and fries. My stamping material came today and finally after dinner I got to play with it a bit!! The boys played outside till I called them in at 7:40pm. I gave everyone quick showers/baths and then daddy got home at 8PM, right in time to help me put them to bed!! Then I had to run out to the store and get baggies for the donuts since the ones I got at Michael's sucked!!! It was a long day!!!

Here is the recipe I used for the donuts: Baked Caramel Apples

  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 medium apples, peeled & shredded
  • 1 1/2 cup chewy caramel candies
  • 1 tablespoon whole milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pans with cooking spray & set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in oil and vanilla. Stir into the flour mixture until just combined; stir in the apples. Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pans until almost full. Baked until golden and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out dry. It takes about 15-20 minutes. (Mind ended up taking 18)
In a small, microwaveable bowl, combine the caramel and milk. Microwave for 1 minute at medium power. then stir; repeat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. If making small donuts, dip them directly into the caramel. For larger donuts, spoon caramel topping on top!

I didn't do the caramel, I mean their kindergarteners and I figured G's teacher would kill me!!! Hahaha!! I also subbed coconut oil and I hated it!!

No comments: