So not sure if I've posted on here about C's toe nails, but I am now! From the day he was born he has had weird nails....especially on his big toes, arched terrible....like HUGE ingrown toenails. I questioned his doctor about them several times and he seemed to think that they would flatten out once he started walking. Well the one (left side) eventually did flatten out shortly after his first birthday, but the right one still stayed screwed up....thick and brittle and discolored (yellow). Well at his 15 month well check up his doctor noticed nasties between his toes and prescribed a fungal cream for us. Well we would apply the cream and the funk went away but when we would stop it would just come right back after like 2 weeks. I ended up doing two rounds per the doctor and one round all on my own. At one point the nail was almost normal.....losing it's thickness and discoloration...but then when we stopped it just went right back to it's old disgusting self!! :-( I've known for a while that I just need to suck it up and call a real foot doctor...not that I don't love our ped and I think he is so awesome....it's just we were/are dealing with something specific that needs a specialist!!
So yesterday as I was dressing C and I was putting on his socks I started messing with his toenails...trying to clip them and make them look less gross and I just got up...grab my computer and looked up podiatrist covered by our insurance and call them to make an appointment!! Little did I know that it would be a long wait (like I thought it would) we got an appointment less then 24 hours later!! Hooray!!
So.....the doc was nice but I think he was kind of shell shocked cause C cried the whole time...he's not too fond of doctors to say the least!!! But that's ok....the doc decided that the fungus was in the nail matrix and we needed a new regimen....so we will do this for 3 months and then have a follow up!! I just want my baby to have pretty little toes....I hope we are on our way to that!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment