Today I am so thankful for the good school district we live in! For the excellent teachers my kids are lucky to get year after year. I'm thankful that teachers care about my kids just as much as I do and realizing that even the kids who are above average still need one on one time with them and they gladly give it! Education is a priceless thing and I'm so thankful my kids are receiving a quantity one!!
So I had Little man's parent/teacher conference this morning and may I say I was seriously surprised!! I knew that he wasn't dumb.....I knew that he was "smart" but I was floored when I found out how smart that sweet little boy is!!! His teacher has ZERO concerns for him....if fact she did nothing but praise him!! This boy is the the top reader in his class....in fact he is the top reader out of all the first graders!!! My sweet little man (who hardly spoke a word until 3 years of age and didn't even go to preschool one day of his life) is reading at a high 3rd grade level.....like towards the end of 3rd grade!!! *blink* They use a "letter" scale for reading and most of the class is spread out between C thru G and the next closest reader to him is on the "I" level.....he is reading at the "N" level!!!!! It just makes my heart so happy for him....all his life I have worried that he was "quirky" and "peculiar" and to be quite honest.....just kind of average (if not a tad below average) and here he is proving me WRONG!!! I am so so proud of him!!! But now this momma must adjust his Christmas list because the books I was going to get him are no long "right" for him!!!! That also makes me so happy!!! I am so proud of you my sweet little man and momma loves you so much and I promise to never ever under estimate you again!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment