Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday

Man what a catchy title, huh!?!?! **lol**

Other then that mini post yesterday, let's see what's been happening in my neighborhood since the last time I posted (the dreaded 2 month check up) . Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were more of the same...G-man just wailing and crying. So finally on Thursday I called the doctors office back and asked to be seen. I had my suspicions that we were dealing with reflux (probably a very mild case) but a case none the less. So I started doing some research and a lot of his "symptoms" were pointing in the direction. Like
  • wet burps (basically he vomits in his mouth and swallows it back down)
  • constant hiccups (also "wet")
  • sudden crying out in pain
  • periods of constant crying
  • fighting the bottle
  • eating only like 2 ozs at a time
  • arching his back while eating and during the burping process)
  • and the list went on. There were like 17 things that he had.

So the doctor comes in the room and I tell her my "suspicions" and list a lot of his symptoms; she asks if he spits up or vomits. I tell no vomiting and only a normal amount of spit up, but he is constantly having "wet burps" so the spit up is coming up but he is swallowing it back down. She then tells me well if he isn't vomiting he doesn't have reflux!!!! WTH....why do they list all these other symptoms and signs if the only "indication" to whether or not a child has reflux is vomiting!?!?! Oh that's not the way (she says) the only way to really tell if a child has reflux is to do "tests" (I'm assuming an upper GI). Well then if we have had no tests done how can you say (FOR SURE) he doesn't have reflux!?!?!?! (Smarty Pants McGee!!!!)

Well (she says) because he is not vomiting, he is gain weight well and his belly is soft. OK (me) then I should just IGNORE all the other signs and symptoms that thousands of sites online list (reputable sites) and take your word for it, because you say the only signs that a child has reflux are he vomits, he is skinny and he has a hard belly!?!?! What kind of crack pot medical school did you go to and what kid of crack do you think I was smoking to believe that!?!?!

Our banter went back and forth for over an hour and about half way through I literally shut her out and just stood there. She had me crying and so upset because she basically told me I didn't know anything......most especially my OWN child!!! So I finally told her to just shut up because I was leaving with or without the prescription for Zantac. She did give it to me ( a whole 17 days worth) and told me to call her on Monday to report how G man was. Then as she was leaving she made the remark that I needed to find someone to "help me" with the baby so that I can have a little rest and time away from him!!!! Can you freaking believe that!?!?!?!

Well I did not call yesterday because I am still seriously pissed at her and that whole damn office!!! Because not only did she treat me like crap but the nurse that weighed us and "check us in" had the nerve to ask me, Are we doing immunizations today!?!?! WTH did you just say....you have to be kidding me right!?!?!?! I just gave her a half assed chuckle, the evil eye and told her to go talk to Nurse Ratchet!!! Oh wait it gets better...then the next day I get in the mail a letter from another Dr in the practice (I'm assuming she is like the "leader" or head doctor) about not getting immunizations!!! It was basically chastising me about not getting them and that it's in G man's best interest to have them to protect him and the last paragraph says

"It is our office policy that all children under our care are to be up to date on their immunizations for their protection as well as others. If you have any further concerns or reservations, please fell free to contact our office. We look forward to seeing you in the near future."

So I am assuming that was put in there to "warn" me that if I don't get him his shots they won't treat us. Well I have news for them, they can threaten that all they want...not only will that push me to KEEP REFUSING the shots but that will just give me the push to find another doctor!!! So as you can see I have being just having a peach keen time over here is land of the raging bitch!!! **lol**

The good news is I have seen a HUGE difference in G man and once again mommy intuition shots bitchy doctor's opinion out of the water!!!! Score one for mom!!! Woo Hoo!!! OK I need to go get my big man lunch and then maybe do a little work around this house since I have a birthday party to give this coming Saturday!!!

~~Later

No comments: