Monday, April 16, 2007

Such a slacker!!!

I suck when it comes to keeping this thing updated!!! Man I am a very neglectful blogging mommy!!! Let's see, what's been happening in my neighbor hood?? The kids and I had a nice time at my parents house Easter weekend!! The bunny was very good to my kids and brought them lots of little "toys" and games and not much candy!!! Only one little milk chocolate bunny (which was promptly hidden when we arrived home). What a good little Easter Bunny!!! ;-)

The bunny also hid them Easter eggs (filled with pennies and jelly beans) all over grandma and grandpa's house. They had so much fun hunting those!!! I think there still may be one floating around there some where. Unless Uncle Jeff got into that one!!! **lol**

Church was nice, but that is where our trip started to go down hill!!!! About 2 weeks ago, on one of our really nice days, the kids were cleaning up the yard and coming into the house. R was complaining to DH that her leg hurt and she wanted carried. We thought she was fooling and kind of brushed her off. Well after dinner as we were laying around the living room, we noticed R limping on her right leg. Well she couldn't straighten it or flex her foot or put weight on it with out screaming in pain!!! She said it hurt behind her knee. The front of the knee was fine and we could touch it, but the back of the knee was slightly swollen and we couldn't touch it with out causing great pain. We figured she pulled or strained a muscle while playing outside!!! So we sent her to bed and figure if it was still bad in the morning I would call the doctor.

Well it was fine in the morning, but I kept her home from school anyways. Just to be safe and to not put any more strain on it!! Well all was fine with her until Easter Sunday. Now to preface this all the kids have had "colds" (coughs and snotty noses) for about a week. During church R lays down and falls asleep on my mom, I didn't thing anything of it because of said cold!!! After church we sat there for a bit talking with my niece and ex sister in law. Well when it was time to go, R couldn't walk on her leg. The left one this time!!!! **ACK** As the day progresses it hurts her more and more and my poor baby girl is scooting around on her butt to get from place to place!!! She is not in pain unless she tries to stand, walk or if you touch her knew or try to straighten her leg. She also has a small red rash on her right leg, only a few dots!!!

Well finally at 4:30PM I start loading the van, because I really want to get her home. I have know idea what's wrong with her and it was scaring me a bit. So I finally get the van loaded and everyone in it and on the road by 5PM. I drove straight through and we got home about 7:45PM. I carry R up from the van and she gives her daddy a hug. We pulled her pants up to check out her knee and that weird little red rash now covers both her legs from the knees down!!!! **ACK**...........**DOUBLE ACK**!!!! Her right ankle is also swelling now and has a really big red dots on it.

So I am like, I think she needs to go to the ER and DH agreeed. So we are back in the van and headed to the ER by 8PM. Well they are baffled and keep asking if she injured it. I keep telling them "NO". I told them about it happening before and that I thought she might have then, but I know she didn't this time. She walked into church on it and an hour later she couldn't even put slight wight on it!!! They took her for x rays and gave her an IV port. They were very nice and kind and she got coloring books and crayons and Popsicles. She was such a trooper. She only cried a little bit when they put the IV in and only whined a bit and I think a lot of the was out of tiredness!!! We mostly laid there in her bed and watched Rosanne **lol**

After a checking her blood and u.r.i.n.e., the doctor decided that it wasn't anything bacterial, but viral and came back with a diagnosis of Henoch-Schönlein Purpura, which basically an arthritis that settles in the joints of the hips, knees and ankles and they think it's caused by a virus. And that funky weird red rash??? It was actually all the little capillaries busting in her legs!!!! **AAACCCCKKK** That is the one "danger" of it that it can cause the capillaries in the intestines and kidney's to break and cause permanent damage!!!! **SCARY**!!!! And the trouble is the kidney damage can take a while to show up. But it's been a week and the "rash" is gone, which her Dr. said is WONDERFUL!!! Usually the rash progresses up the whole leg and on to the b.u.t.t.o.c.k.s. and then takes about 2 to 3 weeks to disappear!!!

So the plan of action is that R will have monthly u.r.i.n.e. checks for the next six months to make sure her kidney's are functioning fine and then we should be back to normal!!! So that's whats been happening around here. I was gonna share some pages but I am p.o.o.p.e.d., they'll have to wait till another day!!!! Have a great one!!!

~~Later

No comments: